PetroChemical Oil & Gas
We work with companies within the Petrochemical, Oil and Gas industry that are under increasing pressures to perform at optimum production levels, whilst adhering to tight maintenance budgets. In addition the highest level of health, safety and environmental standards compliant with industry regulations must be maintained.
Managing the challenges
With the expertise of our consultants, combined with IBM Maximo software solutions, we help companies in the Oil and Gas industry meet demanding production, budgetary and regulatory requirements.
Driven by a best in class EAM solution, we give companies the support and guidance they need to establish world-class maintenance strategies and operations.
We’ve increased asset effectiveness and reduced failures, giving companies the confidence to operate in extreme environments all over the world, on land or at sea.
We’ve also introduced standard operating models that can be rolled out globally ensuring safe and effective maintenance across the business.
Overall, our solutions enable companies to increase uptime, control labour costs, adhere to service level agreements, manage and record risk assessments, meet regulatory requirements, and facilitate continuous improvement in challenging environments.
Experience the benefits.
Maintaining productivity - Ensure you maintain the right equipment at the right time in the right place to prevent failure.
Managing safety - Ensure regulatory compliance, risk assessments, permits and lockouts become a seamless part of your maintenance strategy.
Managing failure - Using IoT solutions, predict and plan maintenance to limit the impact of failure on vessels, ships production plants and refineries.
Best practice - Improve the productivity and efficiency of critical assets using best practice approaches and implementation
Manage asset lifecycles - Including acquisition, work management, inventory control, purchasing and preventive maintenance.
Maximo for Oil & Gas
IBM Maximo Asset Management is an asset management life cycle and workflow process management system. With Maximo Asset Management, you can optimise the management of the existing capital-intensive assets of an organisation. You can check asset health in real time on a secure, simplified, scalable platform. Three business items play an important role in this: Assets, Processes and People.
In addition to meeting the requirements for process manufacturing, and facilities with core Maximo, IBM has developed specific industry solutions for key asset-intensive industries. Finally you can also integrate with your existing ERP and financial systems.
Use IBM Maximo Asset Management Scheduler to visually manage, schedule, and assign work and resources in your organization.
Manage upcoming work and assignments by creating schedules. By using the Gantt view, maps, and calendars, you can see the work and resource requirements that are in the schedule. For unplanned work, respond to requirements by graphically assigning work to the appropriate labours and crews based on their availability. You can create street-level routes for work lists to visually manage work progress.
Manage all aspects of scheduling by configuring the scheduling process.
IBM Maximo Health, Safety and Environment Manager provides enterprises with applications that support integrated processes for improving safety, reliability, environmental, and operational performance in compliance with regulations. The key objectives are to reduce operational risk, to increase the return on assets, and to maintain a safe operating environment.
This product also addresses the following specialized needs:
- Action tracking and regulatory compliance.
- Asset specifications and failure codes.
- Audit and survey preparation and analysis of findings that is based on results.
- Benefits and losses that are associated with improvements and solutions.
- Bypass management and activities that are associated with bypass operations.
- Certification specifications to verify that standards for assets or personnel are met.
- Defects, incident management, and continuous improvement.
- Drilling construction and completion.
- Drilling and production run reporting.
- Investigations, including after action reviews and root cause failure analysis.
- Lock out and tag out operations planning and definition.
- Management of change and standard actions that are associated with management of change and action tracking.
- Matrix-based work prioritization and forward planning of work according to plant conditions.
- Operator logs, loss reporting, solutions, and lessons learned.
- Operator log books that you use to review all shift log entries that relate to an asset or a location. Operator log books link shift log entries together into a log book. An operator log book facilitates the organization of operator logs and their associated actions, such as the Shift Log Handover Personnel who are taking over from an earlier work shift can review the progression of events and be aware of the possible need for action.
- Permit and certificate planning, risk matrixes, and risk assessment.
- Permit to work creation and definition of associated activities.
- Preparation of work activities in support of the various phases of work packages.
- As a Self-Service user, you can create incident records within the Incidents module to report potentially unsafe conditions and to prevent accidents. The Incidents module also contains the Review Incidents application that you can use to review incident records.
IBM Maximo Anywhere gives you remote access from most mobile devices to Maximo Asset Management processes – work and asset management.
It is built on the IBM Worklight platform with an interface that is customisable, so you can create your own assets.
It enables your mobile workforce to:
- Get instant access to critical data, even while disconnected.
- Work with a broad range of instrumented machines and smart devices.
- Complete tasks virtually anywhere with secure, trusted transactions.
- Reduce data entry errors and miscommunications by allowing users to simply do their work – even while disconnected.
Stay up to date with the latest news, insights, training and events from the MACS team.
How can we help you?
Start your journey by speaking to one of our experts consultants to find out how we can assist you with all your service, software and support needs.